Technical Readiness Test
Use our Technical Readiness Test to assess if you meet all requirements.
A secure locked-down browser application is required for:
- ICAS Writing
All other assessments are web (browser) based and do not require the locked-down browser application.
The Most Compatible Web Browser for Sitting ICAS
To ensure Technical Requirements are met, we recommend using Google Chrome to run Mathematics, English, Science and Digital Technologies.
Note 1: Web browser in order of preference (with compatible OS)
- Chrome 28+ (Windows 7, 8, 10, Mac OSX, Chrome OS)
- Firefox 20+ (Windows 7, 8, 10, Mac OSX)
- Internet Explorer 11+ (Windows 7, 8, 10, Mac OSX)
- Safari 6+ (Mac OSX)
Download Locked-down Browser
Information on how to download and install the locked-down browser application can be found here.
Supported Hardware Devices
- Desktop PC
- Android tablet
Note 1: An external keyboard or mouse is not necessary for students using a tablet.
Note 2: The iPad mini is not supported.
Note 3: Chromebooks must be running as Managed Devices in Kiosk mode for assessments requiring the locked-down browser application.
Note 4: Devices must be connected to a single screen only.
Supported Operating Systems
- Mac OSX 10.8+
- MS Windows 7, 8 and 10
- Chrome OS 38+
- iOS 10.3+
- Android 5+ (running Android System Webview)
Note: Windows XP and Vista are not supported operating systems for assessments using locked-down browser.
- Please refer to the Technical Readiness Test for an internet speed test to confirm appropriate bandwidth is available for the student devices involved in the assessment.
- A guideline for required bandwidth is 512 Kbps (0.512 Mbps) minimum download speed per 20 concurrent users.
Note: There is no additional bandwidth requirement for locked-down browser use, once the application has been installed.
- A minimum screen resolution of 1024px width x 768px height is required.
- Cookies are required and need to be enabled.
- Audio should be available via headphones, earphones or earbuds for Reach Spelling and ICAS Spelling Bee.