Educational Assessment and Testing Services (M) Sdn Bhd (EATS) is committed to the protection of your personal information and your privacy. This Personal Data Protection Policy explains how we collect and handle your personal information in accordance with the Malaysian Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (PDPA).
Personal Data We May Collect from You
We may collect the following personal data about you:
- personal information to establish your identity and background such as your full name, passport or identity card number, job title, school name, nationality and religion
- contact information such as billing address, telephone number, mobile phone number, fax number and email address
- payment information such as your debit or credit card information, including the name of cardholder, card number, billing address, expiry date and other bank account details
- recording of your image via CCTV cameras installed at our office or premises
- recording of your photograph and/or video during any of our corporate events or award ceremony
- recording of calls placed by you to our customer services
- function or post when you commence a business relationship with us
- resume or CVs when you apply job with us
For general web browsing although no personal data is revealed to us, certain technical and statistical information is available to us via our internet service provider such as cookies, your IP address, the time, date and duration of your visit. If you provide us with any personal data relating to a third party (e.g. information of your spouse, children, parents, and/or employees), by submitting such personal data to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with their personal data for the purposes as listed below.
How We Collect Your Personal Data
We may collect personal data either from you, from your authorized representatives, from third parties, or from publicly available sources which may include (but is not limited to):
- when you register for our services (for example when you submit an registration form to become our customer)
- when you contact us in person or by a phone call (for example when you contact us for any enquiries, complaints, technical support, comments or feedbacks, we may keep record of that correspondences)
- when you participate in any surveys, questionnaires, competitions, contests, offers, or promotions done internally or via an appointed third party
- when you commence a business relationship with us (for example, as a service provider, or business partner)
- when you visit our premises
- when you attend any of our corporate events or award ceremony
- when you visit or browse our websites
- when you apply job with us
- when you interact with us via social media or interactive applications including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- when we collect information about you from third parties we dealt with or are connected with you (School, teacher, parents, payment collector, credit reporting agencies or financial institutions)
- from such other sources where you have given your consent for the disclosure of personal data relating to you, and/or where otherwise lawfully permitted.
Use of Personal Data Collected
You agree that we may use your personal data where permitted by applicable law and for the following purposes:
- to verify your identity when you contact us
- to manage and maintain your account or contract with us
- to notify you about benefits and changes to the services
- to provide, update, maintain, protect and improve our services to you
- to communicate with you by responding to your enquiries, complaints, comments or feedbacks
- to transfer or assign our rights, interests and obligations under any of your agreements with us
- to update, consolidate and improve the accuracy of our records
- to administer competitions, contests, offers, or promotions
- to produce data, reports and statistics which have been anonymised or aggregated in a manner that does not identify you as an individual
- to conduct surveys, questionnaire, and provide you with information from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- to engage in business transactions in respect of services to be offered and provided to you
- to comply with any legal or regulatory obligations under the applicable laws, regulations, guidelines or industry codes that applies to us
- for internal management of the services being provided to you
- to provide training for our staff
- to conduct marketing and information technology activities (for example, market research)
- to third parties with whom we have contracted to provide services to us for any of the purposes described above. Where we disclose your personal data to third parties we shall ensure that such data is used only to provide services to us
- for any other purposes that is required or permitted by any law, regulations, guidelines and/or relevant regulatory authorities.
With Whom We Share Your Personal Data
As a part of providing you with our services and the management or operation of the same, we may be required or need to disclose information about you to the following third parties:
- The Ministry of Education, other relevant government departments/ agencies, statutory authorities and industry regulators
- companies or organisations that act as our agents, contractors, service providers or professional consultant
- companies or organisations that assist us in processing and/or otherwise fulfilling transactions and providing you with services that you have requested
- our business associates, Janison and its third party service providers and partners for purposes that are related to our services
- Third parties appointed by us to provide services to us or on our behalf (such as auditors, lawyers, company secretary, printing companies, telecommunications companies, contractors, conference / training / event organizer and other advisers).
- other parties in respect of whom you have given your express or implied consent
How We Collect And Handle Personal Information Relating To Children
When schools use our services, we may assist schools in collecting and processing information about the children. Where the child is attending a primary or secondary school, we will treat consent as having been given by a parent and/or guardian once the parent and/or guardian signs and returns the relevant consent form allowing the child to participate in the assessment, test or exam. Consent forms and other notices provided by the school or other institution and signed by the parent and/or guardian will be treated as consent and notice given to the child.
We use information about the children for the purposes of delivery of the assessment process, including the following:
- To process and prepare students’ logins for the assessment or services;
- To respond to enquiry about student’s login to access results;
- To provide other services such as certificate printing, medal engraving, etc;
- To obtain Ministry of Education endorsement for Co-curricular marks.
We are aware of our responsibility to protect the identity of, and all information relating to, children, and students in general, from disclosure and consequently do not collect any personal information or data of children other than as required for the successful completion of the assessment process except for those necessary for us to carry out our Services.
How Long We Will Keep Your Personal Data
We will retain your personal data in compliance with this Policy and/or the terms and conditions of your agreement(s) with EATS, its business associates for the duration of your relationship with us, for such period as may be necessary to protect the interests of EATS or its business associates and /or its customers as may be deemed necessary, where otherwise required by the law and/or where required by EATS’ or its business associates’ relevant policies.
Your Rights to Access and Correct Your Personal Data
Subject to the exceptions provided under Malaysian law, you may request access to see any information stored about you and request correction, updating, deletion or disabling of the same at any time. Kindly contact us in writing at the contact details provided below.
How We Protect and Safeguard Your Personal Data
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data and keep your personal data secured. This includes following our security procedures (like checking your identity when you call us). Our site may link to other websites and we are not responsible for their data policies, procedures or their content.
Transfer of Your Personal Data Outside Malaysia
Any personal data, which you volunteer to us, will be treated with the highest standards of security strictly in accordance with the PDPA 2010. It may be necessary for us to transfer your personal data outside Malaysia (e.g. Janison, Australia) if any of our service providers or business partners are involved in providing part of a services are located in countries outside Malaysia. You consent to us transferring your personal data outside Malaysia in these instances. We shall take reasonable steps to ensure that any such service providers or business partners are contractually bound not to use your personal data for any reason other than to provide the services they are contracted by us to provide and to adequately safeguard your personal data.
By submitting your personal data, you consent to the use of that personal data as set out in this Policy. We may amend this Policy from time to time. Laws, regulations and industry standards evolve, which may make those changes necessary, or we may make changes to our business. We will post the changes to this Policy on our website and encourage you to review our Policy to stay informed. Continued use of the service will signify that you agree to any such changes.
Our Contact Details
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions regarding this Policy, and questions or concerns about how your information is handled, please direct your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org